- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
Juventus manager, Massimiliano Allegri has singled out Manchester United midfielder, Marouane Fellaini for praise after Jose Mourinho’s side secured a 2-1 win over the Old Lady in Wednesday’s Champions League encounter.
Forward, Cristiano Ronaldo gave the Serie A champions the lead, before midfielder, Juan Mata equalized from a free-kick and an own goal from defender, Alex Sandro sealed an unlikely victory for United in Turin.
Allegri said Fellaini was responsible for changing the game for United in the Red Devil’s 2-1 comeback victory against their hosts.
According to him, his players made a huge mistake in not being able to deal with the Belgium international.
“In the first game, they didn’t have Fellaini and we used his absence to our advantage,” Express UK quoted Allegri as saying at post-match.
“Tonight, he played and his physical presence was immediately felt.
“He controlled some high balls, although sometimes we were good at playing the ball on the ground.
“Conceding those free-kicks was our greatest mistake. That happened and we paid the price.
“We’ll have to learn from that.”