- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
France and Paris Saint-Germain forward, Kylian Mbappe has been named as the most valuable footballer in the world after his rise to the top of world football.
According to reports, the CIES Football Observatory crunched the numbers of a complex calculation that takes into account performance, age, marketability, and their current contract length, among other factors, to come up with the very specific values.
After playing a crucial role in helping France to win the 2018 World Cup this summer, 19-year-old Mbappe came ahead of Tottenham star, Harry Kane in the rankings to top the list.
The Paris Saint-Germain star is now valued at £189.3million with Kane, who won the World Cup Golden Boot with England at £172.5m.
Third is Brazilian and PSG forward Neymar (£172.2m), who became the world’s most expensive player when he joined PSG for £198m in 2016. Liverpool and Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah is next on the list and is valued at 151.2m.
See the top 10: MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS
PLAYER VALUE (£)
Kylain Mbappe 189.3m
Harry Kane 172.5m
Mohamed Salah 151.2m
Philippe Coutinho 149.8m
Lionel Messi 149.2m
Raheem Sterling 143.9m
Romelu Lukaku 143.7m
Dele Alli 142.9m
Antoine Griezmann 137.9m