- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
A six-man-kidnap gang has abducted Deacon Michael Olarinoye, a brother to the Osun State correspondent of Vanguard Newspaper, Otunba Gbenga Olarinoye.
The unknown gunmen took hostage of Deacon Olarinoye on Sunday night when he was returning to his base in Warri with members of his family.
The victim, alongside his wife and children had attended the burial of his late mother, Mrs Abigail Olarinoye at the weekend in Ipee, Kwara state and was returning to Warri before the heavily armed kidnappers waylaid him.
The incident happened at about 9:00pm on Sunday during heavy rain while Deacon Olarinoye was driving between Okada and Benin road.
The six men kidnap gang suddenly stopped them after sporadic gunshots that deflated the tyres of the vehicle in which they were travelling.
According to information from the correspondent of the Vanguard Newspaper, the kidnappers had entered the vehicle with Deacon Olarinoye and his family members and led them into the bush where they were dispossessed of their valuables.
“The wife, children and junior brother were later released while Deacon Olarinoye was taken to an unknown destination. The matter had been reported at SIB, Benin. No contact has been established with the kidnappers ever since,” Mr. Gbenga Olarinoye said.