- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
President Buhari says he would continue to hold former president Goodluck Jonathan in high esteem for conceding the 2015 presidential election without any fight.
President Buhari said this last night when he hosted members of the Kannywood entertainment industry to a dinner at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Speaking in Hausa, President Buhari said
“I’ll continue to hold former president Jonathan in high esteem as a result of that singular act. He (Jonathan) was in power as Deputy Governor, Governor (Bayelsa), Vice-President and President, all for about 10 years and he voluntarily accepted defeat and surrendered power to me,’’ he said.
At the dinner, President Buhari vowed to end the scourge of Boko Haram sect soon.
“It’s totally wrong for any believer in God to kill innocent people either in the Mosque, Church or the market place. You can’t be shouting Allahu Akbar (Allah is Great), Allahu Akbar, and killing innocent citizens and destroying properties all in the name of God. It is either you don’t know what you are saying or you don’t even believe in the existence of God Almighty. God has nothing to do with injustice. So, now we are confronting them and by the grace of God we will destroy them.’’
Earlier in his remarks, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, expressed the hope that Buhari had been guaranteed at least five million votes in the 2019 presidential election by the fans and followers of the entertainers.