- Real Madrid to hire Santiago Solari as permanent coach till end of season
- Cristiano Ronaldo arrives at a London hotel with his girlfriend and son [Photos]
- Actress Uche Elendu celebrates daughter's 10th birthday with beautiful new photos
- Nigerian couple welcome a set of triplet After 13 years of marriage
- I was born Muslim, Omotola reveals as she preach religious tolerance
Social media is abuzz with the news that the Ooni of Ife has taken a new wife, a woman who happens to be a Church minister.
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, welcomed his new wife, Prophetess/Evangelist Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Oluwaseyi into his home and said that “the greatest Arsenal” needed in his position is the “Fear Of God In You”.
But a lot of social media users wondered how the union would work, considering that the new 25-year-old bride is a worshipper of Jesus Christ, while the Ooni of Ife is a traditional worshipper (otherwise called IgbakejiOrisa, meaning second in command to the gods).
Social media users who are against the union defended their stance by quoting 2 Corinthians 6: 14, which says:
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?
However, those in support of the union defended it, saying Olori Naomi is the Esther of our time and she might be there to transform the Ife royal kingdom and lead the traditional ruler and his subjects to Christ.
Outspoken OAP, Freeze has now joined Nigerians to weigh in on the issue. He neither condemned nor approved of it. However, he wondered which God will be served in the palace now.
Congratulations to the couple as the prophetess gets married to the igbakeji orisa.
So how many altars are there going to be in the palace now? Just asking.