- Male nurse arrested after woman in coma for 14 years gives birth in hospital
- Yahoo boy, Temitope Teslim bags 16 months jail term for Internet fraud
- Barcelona signs Holland midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for £65m
- PDP accuses APC of renting crowds at campaign rallies, slams Oshiomole
- FG drags National Broadcasting Commission DG, Modibbo Kawu, to court over alleged N2.5bn fraud
Social media is abuzz with the news that the Ooni of Ife has taken a new wife, a woman who happens to be a Church minister.
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, welcomed his new wife, Prophetess/Evangelist Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Oluwaseyi into his home and said that “the greatest Arsenal” needed in his position is the “Fear Of God In You”.
But a lot of social media users wondered how the union would work, considering that the new 25-year-old bride is a worshipper of Jesus Christ, while the Ooni of Ife is a traditional worshipper (otherwise called IgbakejiOrisa, meaning second in command to the gods).
Social media users who are against the union defended their stance by quoting 2 Corinthians 6: 14, which says:
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?
However, those in support of the union defended it, saying Olori Naomi is the Esther of our time and she might be there to transform the Ife royal kingdom and lead the traditional ruler and his subjects to Christ.
Outspoken OAP, Freeze has now joined Nigerians to weigh in on the issue. He neither condemned nor approved of it. However, he wondered which God will be served in the palace now.
Congratulations to the couple as the prophetess gets married to the igbakeji orisa.
So how many altars are there going to be in the palace now? Just asking.