- 2019 Election: Peter Obi reveals Igbo leaders’ position on his emergence as Vice Presidential candidate
- IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu did not reach any agreement with anybody to vote Buhari out
- Apostle John Okoriko: Why God made Buhari President
- My VP candidacy about Ndigbo, Nigerians, not me, says Obi
- Photos of a lamb born with two heads
Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, IBB, has charged the National Defence College to urgently initiate policy for the purpose of enhancing governance and security in Nigeria.
He said this on Tuesday when a team of participants of the National Defence College visited his Hill Top residence in Minna, Niger State.
Babangida said it was high time the military dug deeper to formulate more strategies to deal with insecurity challenge.
He said: “I urge you all to articulate policies that will be beneficial to the armed forces and governments.”
“Our vision and concept of the National Defense College was to provide the armed forces and other security agencies the best technical and tactical manpower in the world”.
On the participants’ tour theme, “Youth Management and National Security: The Niger State experience”, IBB said: “Planning will be the best way to manage youths unemployment and idleness as well as pave way for comprehensive empowerment programmes”.
Team leader of the National Defence College, Commodore Solomon Agada, told Babangida that the study tour to Niger State was to have first hand information aimed at addressing national challenges.