- Yahoo boy, Temitope Teslim bags 16 months jail term for Internet fraud
- Barcelona signs Holland midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for £65m
- PDP accuses APC of renting crowds at campaign rallies, slams Oshiomole
- FG drags National Broadcasting Commission DG, Modibbo Kawu, to court over alleged N2.5bn fraud
- 'Don’t relent, continue farming' - President Buhari tell Nigerians
Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi and former Ghanaian international, Michael Essien have reacted to the retirement of Chelsea legend, John Terry from football.
Recall that Terry on Sunday evening announced his retirement from football, via his Instagram page.
Mikel and Essien, who played alongside Terry for many years at Chelsea, congratulated the former centre-back, adding that it was an honour to have played alongside the 37-year-old.
“Congratulations on a fantastic career old boy! Good luck for whatever’s next! #CaptainLeaderLegend,” Mikel Twitted on his official Twitter page, @mikel_john_obi.
On his part, Essien Twitted on his official Twitter page, @MichaelEssien, “I wish you all the best for the future #Captain @johnterry. You were one of the best leaders I ever played with. Thank you for the memories Georgie”.