- Yahoo boy, Temitope Teslim bags 16 months jail term for Internet fraud
- Barcelona signs Holland midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for £65m
- PDP accuses APC of renting crowds at campaign rallies, slams Oshiomole
- FG drags National Broadcasting Commission DG, Modibbo Kawu, to court over alleged N2.5bn fraud
- 'Don’t relent, continue farming' - President Buhari tell Nigerians
The police detectives at Agbor police Division, Delta State, on Wednesday arrested two young men in the area for allegedly stealing cable wires worth millions of Naira.
They also recovered the sum of N800,000, several handsets and pliers from the suspects.
They were said to have been arrested in Ime Obi quarters in Agbor while they were about to transport the allegedly stolen items out of the area in a vehicle without a plate number.
The police officers at Agbor police Division, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity, confirmed that the suspects: Monday Ahie and Lucky Jegbefume were caught by the vigilante members in the area, who handed them over to the police detectives.
The police commissioner in the state, Mustafa Muhammad while confirming the arrest of the suspects, said that he has ordered their transfer to the state CID for further investigation.
He said “the police in Agbor were ordered to transfer the suspects to the state CID for further investigation; we have arrested several of them in Agbor communities, especially vandals, it’s not going to be business as usual, except the criminals relocate elsewhere and not Delta State. The suspects, upon completion of investigation, will be charged to court”.