- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
A suspected fake officer of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, identified as Tijani Omeka, who poses as Corporal Tijani, has been arrested in Abuja.
Omeka was reportedly arrested following a tip-off from one of those he defrauded.
The suspect, who is a taxi driver, operates within Mararaba, Area 1 axis of Abuja and extorts money from his victims.
The Deputy Commissioner in charge of Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department, DCP Salisu Gyadi-Gyadi while parading the suspect said Omeka was arrested after the police got a tip-off from some of those he had defrauded.
“Omeka was arrested after the police got a tip-off from some of those he defrauded. We recovered from him one black face cap with the inscription SARS and a walkie-talkie,” DCP Gyadi added.
Upon interrogation, Omeka said “I found the walkie-talkie from SARS premises on the floor and the cap belongs to one of the operatives. The policemen are my friends and they usually use my service whenever they go on operation because I’m a taxi driver.
“I travelled and the cap was with me for about three months because I was out of Abuja. I took my car for repairs with the intention of going to drop the cap and walkie-talkie after they fix my car, but I was still at the mechanic when they arrested me.”