- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
England manager, Gareth Southgate has said they are doing everything possible to stop Ademola Lookman from switching allegiances to play for Nigeria.
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) are confident they can tempt the Everton winger, even though he is a regular for the Three Lions’ Under-21 side.
London-born Lookman is eligible to play for the Super Eagles through his parents.
But Southgate remains confident they can keep the 20-year-old, who had an impressive spell on loan at Germany’s RB Leipzig last season.
“I know every country is quite aggressive in their recruiting and I know they have always had an interest in him, but he is playing and has been in our squads, the 20s, 21s.
“So in terms of encouragement through game time, we are doing as much as we possibly can,” Southgate told the UK Mirror.