- Osun governor approves composition of customary courts
- Osun says 769 of its workforce forged certificates to secure job
- Osun monarchs hail Nigerian Army for approving construction of age-long Kuta-Ede bridge
- I’m far more educationally qualified than Atiku - Buhari
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson celebrates his daughter Tia's 1st birthday with sweet snap
The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi on Sunday said starting from September 2018, each member of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, in the state will be paid N10, 000 allowance.
Umahi made the declaration while opening the maiden David Umahi Tertiary Institution Games (DUMTIGA) at the Pa Ngele Oruta Stadium, Abakaliki, the state capital.
He explained that his administration was extending the gesture because the Corps members had shown commitment to the cause of their fatherland.
According to Umahi, “I want every sector of the state’s existence to emulate the corps members for its overall betterment.
“In appreciation of the corps members commitment, I will donate N6 million to them for their transportation in addition to the N10, 000 allowance that each will receive from the end of September.”
He also gave a N3 million transportation donation to other teams at the competition, with particular reference to the Ebonyi State University team who are playing in the male football event’s opening match with the NYSC team.
“The organisers of the competition will receive N1 million as the government has released funds to ensure that the sports competitions are uninterruptedly organised in the state till December,” he said.