- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere on Monday said Nigeria needs a young, strong and agile president come 2019,
Yinka Odumakin, National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere said this while reacting to the alleged statement by US President, Donald Trump that President Muhammadu Buhari is “lifeless”
Trump made the statement shortly after a meeting between the two leaders on April 30, Financial Times reported on Monday.
Reacting, Odumakin in a statement said Buhari is not qualified to be the President as the job of managing the affairs of Nigeria is not for somebody in a vegetative status.
He stated that Trump’s statement shows that Buhari’s handlers are not showing Nigerians the real situation of things.
His statement reads: “If someone who wants to be president of Nigeria had to be trekking 800 metres to convince us that he is fit, I have always pointed to the fact that it is an evidence that there is something wrong.
“And now if the President of America could make that kind of observation, it is clear that the situation of things is not what the president’s handlers want us to believe.
“Someone that went to spend months in hospitals, that is going on medical vacation every now and then to London, clearly something is wrong.
“The job of the Nigerian president is not the job for anybody that is vegetative. We need a strong, agile president come 2019.”