- Reforms on SARS is not going to be cosmetic, we are correcting the abnormality and restoring order - Frank Mba
- Cristiano Ronaldo criticized for posting private jet selfie while plane carrying Emiliano Sala is still missing
- EPL: Sarri angry with Chelsea defender after 2-0 defeat to Arsenal
- Thierry Henry speaks on getting sacked as Monaco manager
- 'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career
On the historic occasion of the 27th Anniversary of the creation of Enugu State today, we wish to sincerely express our profound joy and gratitude to the God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob and the awesome God of David for the journey so far.
We thank Ndi Enugu, the true heroes of democracy for the mandate they graciously gave to us to pilot the affairs of the state, and for their continued support, solidarity and unceasing prayers, which have brought peace and good governance to the state.
We also appreciate the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, the Vice President, His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, and other leaders in the country for their commitment towards the development of Enugu State.
We acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of the past leaders and founding fathers of Enugu State, including those of blessed memory, who through their vision, industry and tenacity saw to the creation and growth of the state.
Our gratitude equally goes to all stakeholders of Enugu State – past and serving members of the National and State Assemblies, National and State Executive Council members, the Judiciary, Local Government Chairmen, the Clergy, our revered Royal Fathers, elders of Enugu State, and others – who have been collectively working for the peace and progress of the state.
We reassure Ndi Enugu of our firm resolve to continue to serve them with the fear of God and to deliver on our campaign promises as well as ensure peace, prosperity and security of the state.
Enugu State is in the hands of God.
Dr. G.O.C Ajah, mni
Secretary to the Enugu State Government