- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
The reason Manchester United was unable to sign Real Madrid defender, Raphael Varane, has been revealed.
Varane reportedly emerged as a £100million target for United during the summer transfer window which ended on Thursday night for Premier League teams.
According to The Sun, the Red Devils were prepared to spend big on Varane but United’s hierarchy were allegedly against paying what they considered to be over the odds for any additions to manager, Jose Mourinho’s squad.
However, the move to sign the France international did not materialise leaving Mourinho to work with the same central defensive setup as he did last term.
Mourinho’s men will head to the new English Premier League campaign tonight against Leicester City having failed to bring in a new centre-back, despite being frequently linked with the likes of Toby Alderweireld, Harry Maguire and Jerome Boateng.