- EPL: Lee Sharpe suggests when Manchester United will sack Jose Mourinho
- EPL: Klopp warns Liverpool players on Zaha ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- Real Madrid vs Getafe: Bale shines in 2-0 win as life without Ronaldo begins
- EPL: Morata speaks on plans to leave Chelsea this summer
- EPL: Redknapp reveals only one Arsenal player that can make Chelsea XI
Barcelona have confirmed Argentina star, Lionel Messi as their new captain ahead of the 2018/2019 season.
Messi, who was named Barcelona’s second captain in 2015, will now replace Barca’s former icon, Andres Iniesta in the role.
Iniesta ended a career-long association with the La Liga champions at the end of the 2017-18 season, joining Japanese side, Vissel Kobe.
The Spain midfield maestro appeared to have symbolically handed over the captain’s armband to Messi towards the end of his final Clasico appearance against Real Madrid in May.
However, Barcelona announced on Friday through their Twitter page that Messi will be the first of four captains for the new campaign, along with vice-captains, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Pique and Sergi Roberto.