- OsunDecides: Fast, pray for sustainable peace, Archbishop urges Osun residents
- Residents fume over 'unruly' conducts of civil defence personnel deployed for Osun election
- Europa League: Sarri not happy with Chelsea’s 1-0 win over PAOK
- OsunDecides: Wait until INEC declares final results before reporting them, media organisations told
- OsunDecides: PDP chieftain commissions 301 foot soldiers to scout votes for Adeleke
Barcelona have confirmed Argentina star, Lionel Messi as their new captain ahead of the 2018/2019 season.
Messi, who was named Barcelona’s second captain in 2015, will now replace Barca’s former icon, Andres Iniesta in the role.
Iniesta ended a career-long association with the La Liga champions at the end of the 2017-18 season, joining Japanese side, Vissel Kobe.
The Spain midfield maestro appeared to have symbolically handed over the captain’s armband to Messi towards the end of his final Clasico appearance against Real Madrid in May.
However, Barcelona announced on Friday through their Twitter page that Messi will be the first of four captains for the new campaign, along with vice-captains, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Pique and Sergi Roberto.