- EPL: Lee Sharpe suggests when Manchester United will sack Jose Mourinho
- EPL: Klopp warns Liverpool players on Zaha ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- Real Madrid vs Getafe: Bale shines in 2-0 win as life without Ronaldo begins
- EPL: Morata speaks on plans to leave Chelsea this summer
- EPL: Redknapp reveals only one Arsenal player that can make Chelsea XI
A day after the defection of Senator Godswill Akpabio to the All Progressives Congress (APC), over 1000 members of the party in Oron federal constituency of Akwa Ibom State have joined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
State PDP chairman, Obong Paul Ekpo received the defectors, noting that the party was a religion of the people of the state and all Nigerians.
Obong Ekpo stressed that the PDP remained committed to the provision of good governance and urged the people to vote for Governor Udom Emmanuel again in 2019.
He said: ”Akwa Ibom state over the years matched promises with action, as demonstrated in the developmental strides of the Udom Emmanuel administration.
“I call on Oro nation to deliver one hundred per cent vote to governor Udom and the PDP in the 2019 election.”
Ekpo thanked party leaders and members in the federal constituency for their loyalty and assured the decampees of accommodation.
A former Minister for Housing, Akon Eyakenyi, thanked the party for accepting the decampees and assured that Oro nation would vote for PDP in 2019.
Similarly, Oron chapter chairman of PDP, Mr Murphy Esin, assured that the constituents would not disappoint the PDP in the next general election.