- Alex Ekubo reacts to fan who asked him to help raise N7.5m for his education in Australia
- Lola Omotayo-Okoye and her kids dazzle in new photos
- EPL: Giroud speaks on leaving Chelsea for another club
- Iker Casillas speaks on re-joining Real Madrid
- LaLiga: Griezmann reveals Barcelona player that made him reject Camp Nou move
Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said that the defection of Senator Godswill Akpabio from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) is not a national issue.
When asked during his world press conference on Wednesday, what he thought about the former Akwa Ibom State Governor’s exit from PDP, Saraki replied: “Akpabio’s issue is not a national issue. I won’t make comments on it.”
The Senate President also refused to talk about Akpabio’s resignation as the Minority Leader in the Senate.
Akpabio was welcomed into the APC at a rally organized by the Akwa Ibom state chapter of the party today.
Present at the event, were National Leader of the APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
Senators in attendance included Abdullahi Yahaya, Abdullahi Gumel from Jigawa State, Muhammed Sani from Niger State, Gbenga Ashafa from Lagos State and Former Governor Nasarawa state, Abdullahi Adamu.
Others are Senators Abubakar Kyari from Borno State, Babajide Omoworare from Osun State, Magnus Abe from Rivers, Mao Ohabunwa from Edo and Nelson Efiong from Akwa Ibom.