- OsunDecides: Fast, pray for sustainable peace, Archbishop urges Osun residents
- Residents fume over 'unruly' conducts of civil defence personnel deployed for Osun election
- Europa League: Sarri not happy with Chelsea’s 1-0 win over PAOK
- OsunDecides: Wait until INEC declares final results before reporting them, media organisations told
- OsunDecides: PDP chieftain commissions 301 foot soldiers to scout votes for Adeleke
Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said that the defection of Senator Godswill Akpabio from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) is not a national issue.
When asked during his world press conference on Wednesday, what he thought about the former Akwa Ibom State Governor’s exit from PDP, Saraki replied: “Akpabio’s issue is not a national issue. I won’t make comments on it.”
The Senate President also refused to talk about Akpabio’s resignation as the Minority Leader in the Senate.
Akpabio was welcomed into the APC at a rally organized by the Akwa Ibom state chapter of the party today.
Present at the event, were National Leader of the APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
Senators in attendance included Abdullahi Yahaya, Abdullahi Gumel from Jigawa State, Muhammed Sani from Niger State, Gbenga Ashafa from Lagos State and Former Governor Nasarawa state, Abdullahi Adamu.
Others are Senators Abubakar Kyari from Borno State, Babajide Omoworare from Osun State, Magnus Abe from Rivers, Mao Ohabunwa from Edo and Nelson Efiong from Akwa Ibom.