- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Manchester City have signed Melbourne City midfielder, Daniel Arzani, on a 2-year-loan deal.
The Premier League champions beat Juventus to the 19-year-old’s signature.
Arzani featured in all three of Australia’s games at the 2018 FIFA World Cup after making 18 appearances and scoring two goals in the A-League for Melbourne in 2017-18.
The Australian international was the youngest player at the tournament in Russia, making his first appearance in the second half of the Socceroos’ 2-1 defeat to France.
“In a short period of time, Daniel Arzani has developed into one of Australia’s brightest young stars and has demonstrated the drive and raw talent required for success at the highest level,” City’s managing director of global football, Brian Marwood, told the club’s official website.
“This pathway was first forged by Aaron Mooy just two years ago, and we are all delighted to see another Australian-grown talent make this move.
“The combination of City Football Group’s global football structure and the world-leading City Football Academy facilities create an environment in which this pathway can become well-trodden.”