- EPL: Lee Sharpe suggests when Manchester United will sack Jose Mourinho
- EPL: Klopp warns Liverpool players on Zaha ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- Real Madrid vs Getafe: Bale shines in 2-0 win as life without Ronaldo begins
- EPL: Morata speaks on plans to leave Chelsea this summer
- EPL: Redknapp reveals only one Arsenal player that can make Chelsea XI
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho has taken a decision on midfielder, Paul Pogba, ahead of their Premier League opener against Leicester City on Friday.
The Portuguese manager said Pogba will start the new Premier League season on the substitutes’ bench.
The former Chelsea boss is unwilling to risk the midfielder’s fitness.
Pogba returned to United’s first team training on Monday amid increasing speculation that he is agitating for a transfer to Barcelona.
Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, was said to have offered the midfielder’s services to Barcelona and his former club, Juventus.
The Times UK reports that Mourinho is growing increasingly concerned by the behaviour of Raiola and fears his influence over Pogba could have a destabalising effect on his squad on the eve of the new season.
United face Leicester at Old Trafford on Friday night and harbour injury concerns over the likes of Nemanja Matic, Eric Bailly and Antonio Valencia.
Despite a lack of viable alternatives, the newspaper reports that Mourinho has vowed to keep Pogba in reserve after he started five of France’s six matches at the World Cup.