- German woman married to a Nigerian man narrates her experience visiting Nigeria with her kids for the Christmas holiday
- Prof. Akindele’s jail sentence is too harsh - Human rights activist Emmanuel Onwubiko says
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Prof Patrick Lumumba to speak at the 5th Edition of the Face Of Okija
- 2019: No one can annul elections in Nigeria again – Femi Falana
- Ministerial appointments: ''I am not responsible for your failure'' - Jonathan replies Buhari
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho has taken a decision on midfielder, Paul Pogba, ahead of their Premier League opener against Leicester City on Friday.
The Portuguese manager said Pogba will start the new Premier League season on the substitutes’ bench.
The former Chelsea boss is unwilling to risk the midfielder’s fitness.
Pogba returned to United’s first team training on Monday amid increasing speculation that he is agitating for a transfer to Barcelona.
Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, was said to have offered the midfielder’s services to Barcelona and his former club, Juventus.
The Times UK reports that Mourinho is growing increasingly concerned by the behaviour of Raiola and fears his influence over Pogba could have a destabalising effect on his squad on the eve of the new season.
United face Leicester at Old Trafford on Friday night and harbour injury concerns over the likes of Nemanja Matic, Eric Bailly and Antonio Valencia.
Despite a lack of viable alternatives, the newspaper reports that Mourinho has vowed to keep Pogba in reserve after he started five of France’s six matches at the World Cup.