- German woman married to a Nigerian man narrates her experience visiting Nigeria with her kids for the Christmas holiday
- Prof. Akindele’s jail sentence is too harsh - Human rights activist Emmanuel Onwubiko says
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Prof Patrick Lumumba to speak at the 5th Edition of the Face Of Okija
- 2019: No one can annul elections in Nigeria again – Femi Falana
- Ministerial appointments: ''I am not responsible for your failure'' - Jonathan replies Buhari
Andrew Aghedo, a member of Afrobeat legend, Femi Kuti’s band ‘The Positive Force’, reportedly absconded in the United States, 20 minutes before the band was billed to perform.
Aghedo could not be traced as Femi was about to thrill New Yorkers at the Central Park, New York on Sunday after performing at the XPoNential Music Festival in New Jersey.
According to Femi’s sister, Yeni, Aghedo who was the bassist of the band was to perform with the rest of the band but disappeared before the show.
Yeni, who shared the news and photographs of Aghedo on her Instagram page @yeniakuti, wrote, “Femi Kuti’s band member escapes in the US 20 minutes before performance”.
“The face of betrayal. I hope @realdonaldtrump catches you and deports you!!! Deserted band 20mins before concert because he wants to stay in America”.
“Betrayer. Absconded bassist. 20 mins before concert! Andrew Aghedo! Those who defend you are just like you. You try to destroy other people to get on in life, it doesn’t work like that.”