- Four Nigerians make Forbes’ list of 13 black billionaires for 2019
- 'We started having issues in my marriage 3-months after I got pregnant' - Yvonne Jegede
- News of killing of couple in Ilare not true - Osun Police
- Nigerians voted Buhari in appreciation of his good governance - Osun gov
- Excitements as Catholic corps members In Orlu visit Bishop Ukwuoma
Nigerian artiste, Temitope Adekunle, popularly known as Small Doctor, has debunked claims that he was given N2 million by President Muhammadu Buhari.
A former Director of New Media for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Deji Adeyanju, had claimed that Buhari gave some entertainers N2million each during a visit to Aso Rock in Abuja.
Adeyanju had written on Twitter, “So, some youths went to Aso Rock yesterday to see Buhari and collected ‘thanks for coming’, N2m each. Very soon, they will start telling us why it is good for Buhari to continue …”
However, debunking the claim, Small Doctor said he didn’t collect such money from the President and he didn’t think any other entertainer did also.
He said, “I am not aware that the President gave anyone N2m. I was only invited to Aso Rock during the Ramadan period, which I honoured.
“Have you asked Sound Sultan or Kunle Afolayan and they said Buhari gave us N2m each. Well, I don’t know if they gave anyone but I didn’t collect such money.”
The music star further stated that it was like a dream come true for him to dine with the number one citizen of Nigeria.
He added , “I have always worked hard and my hard work is paying off. I felt humbled and privileged meeting Mr. President.
“Looking at where I used to be, there has been a major turn around in my life. Do you remember I was once a bus conductor?”