- Osun govt embarks on revitalisation of general hospitals, 323 primary healthcare centres
- Here is what Festus Keyamo has to say about the postponement of the elections
- PDP alleges unavailability of materials in Osun day to elections
- Global Girls Network holds advocacy rally against rape In Osogbo, asks parents to promptly report cases
- Go out and vote, security agents will protect your lives, Osun gov tells voters, declares Friday public holiday
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife on Wednesday held its 2017/2018 matriculation ceremony for the 8,158 fresh students admitted into the various academic programmes of the University.
This came as the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Eyitope Ogunbodede charged the students to desist from any anti-social behaviour capable of disrupting the smooth running of the University academic calendar and truncating their academic sojourn.
Addressing the elated students at the school’s Amphitheater, Ogunbodede said the University has zero tolerance for cultism, examination malpractice, violent behaviour, flagrant disregard to constituted authority and sexual harassment.
He stressed that this warning was imperative in order to safeguard their studentship and ensure successful academic career for the students.
The Vice Chancellor said all hands must be on deck to ensure that every semester and session is completed on schedule.
In a statement issued by the University Public Relations Officer, Mr. Abiodun Olanrewaju, the VC assured the students of the readiness of University authority to ensure that issues affecting them are addressed as promptly as possible and given priority for provision of essential needs despite economic downturn in the country.
Ogunbodede urged them to combine academic excellence with the culture of “Omoluabi” in a challenging, competitive and diverse academic environment, maintaining that they should beware of their colleagues who will want to lure them to join bad groups.