- Male nurse arrested after woman in coma for 14 years gives birth in hospital
- Yahoo boy, Temitope Teslim bags 16 months jail term for Internet fraud
- Barcelona signs Holland midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax for £65m
- PDP accuses APC of renting crowds at campaign rallies, slams Oshiomole
- FG drags National Broadcasting Commission DG, Modibbo Kawu, to court over alleged N2.5bn fraud
The National Film and Video Censors Board has said Nigeria has what it takes to host Big Brother Naija in the country.
Executive Director of the Censors Board, Adedayo Thomas, made this known in an interview with Punch.
Thomas complained that the show makes “a lot of money” from Nigerians yet complained of lack of infrastructure in the country.
He said: “If it is Big Brother Africa, they can host that anywhere; but the one for Nigeria should be hosted in Nigeria.
“Nigeria has what it takes to host the show; after all, there are many multinational/
“If the organisers are talking about lack of available infrastructure as an excuse, then how is MTN operating successfully 24/7 in this same country?
“If MTN, a similar South African company, has been surviving in this country, then I don’t think anybody has an excuse for not hosting BBNaija in Nigeria.
“They are making a lot of money from Nigerians here, so, we want them to host it here.”
He further spoke on the airing of adult content on the show.
He added: “A couple of the scenes are adult content and that is where parental guidance comes in.
“Parents can always block the watching of some scenes within a particular period or in totality.
“It is not government’s responsibility to assume the parental roles of moral upbringing of children in their homes.”